Read all the latest news about our family...

Sunday, September 30, 2007

A good time in Wildwood...


This is the view from my parents' front porch in Wildwood, GA. The photo doesn't do it justice because it's such a beautiful, peaceful place... with Lookout Mountain in the distance and the little country church across the street. I lived here my whole life until I went away to college, and I love going back to sit on the porch and visit with my mom and dad. This weekend Caleb, Noah, and I (Myra) went up to stay with my dad while my mom went to a family reunion in Tennessee. Dad wasn't quite up to the trip, so Mom got a ride with my aunt (Thank you, Aunt Tookie and Uncle Don!), and the boys and I spent some quality time with Dad. Then today we went to church with both Mom and Dad. What a blessing to have such wonderful, loving parents who have been remarkable role models for their children and grandchildren through the years. They've been married 60 years, and they're still kickin'! [and hopefully not each other :) ]


Mom is preparing to go to the Carroll Bash at Uncle Dale's place in Rock Island, TN. The Carrolls love to laugh and to sing, and they reportedly had a great time!

The boys love their Papaw! (And vice-versa!)

Dad put this tree swing up several years ago, and it's always a favorite activity for the grandchildren!

So who's the UNO champ THIS time??


I got my dad talking about childhood memories of his parents and siblings, and about when he first met my mom--he says she was "REAL pretty!" Some of his tales had me laughing! I am so grateful for the blessings of my mom and my dad.

3 comments:

The Bradshaw Family said...

Love the pics, and I'm so glad you got to spend some great time with your dad and boys this weekend. Take care.

The Andrews Family said...

What a gift parents are! I'm so glad you are able to share such sweet moments with yours. I pray that the Lord continues to bless them both with good health and more wonderful memories. Miss you.
~Terresa

SharonM said...

Hey....that view looks familar. Looks like the boys and grandma/grandpa were having a grea time together.